Featured in Episode 1
My good buddy Daiki is a Manly local and chef / owner of Jipang Manly, a small Japanese restaurant that has been serving the locals since the ‘90’s. Daiki’s story is pretty awesome, he started out washing dishes and has worked his way up to be the main man.
I visiting Jipang for his katsu don and an ice cold beer with my girlfriend Jax.
This side salad is fresh, vibrant and perfect for that summer afternoon BBQ. We served this with Daiki’s chicken yakitori skewers.
- 1/2 wombok (chinese) cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch radishes, finely sliced on mandolin
- 5cm thumb ginger, julienned
- 1 packet crunchy fried noodles
- 2 avocado, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup nori threads
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 2cm thumb ginger, finely grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs white miso
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sea salt, to taste