- Place the chicken in a large non-reactive container+. Place the buttermilk, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the buttermilk mixture over the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4–6 hours or overnight.
- Place the breadcrumbs, thyme, paprika, five-spice and the extra salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Preheat oven grill to medium. Line an oven tray with aluminium foil. Remove the chicken, 1 piece at a time, from the buttermilk mixture, leaving a generous coating. Press each side of the chicken into the crumb mixture, ensuring the chicken is well coated, and place on the tray. Cook for 8–10 minutes each side or until well browned and cooked through.
- To make the zucchini slaw, place the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the zucchini and rocket and gently toss to combine.
- Divide the slaw and chicken between serving plates and serve with pickles and lemon wedges.
+Non-reactive materials include glass, ceramic, plastic or stainless steel.