- Trim any excess meat and fat from the chicken breast.
- Place in a cold brine for 2 hours.
- Remove from brine and run under water for 10 minutes.
- Place into a saucepan of water at 80°C for 12 minutes.
CONFIT CHICKEN WING
- Remove the larger end of the wingette bone.
- Cover wingette with the duck fat and herbs.
- Bake for 140°C for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before pulling out the bones and pressing (skin side down).
- Thinly slice (chiffonade) leek in 3/4cm long strips.
- Fry at 140°C until crispy and golden.
- Season with salt & pepper.
PICKLED WOODEAR MUSHROOM
- Cut mushrooms into nice small sized pieces.
- Sautee in butter with rosemary and garlic.
- While mushrooms are sautéing make a pickling liquid with water, sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms to the picking liquid
- Sweat down onion and garlic until soft.
- Add mushrooms and caramelise.
- Blend with xantham and water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pass through a sieve to remove any bits.
LEEK & POTATO PUREE
- Sweat everything down until soft.
- Add stock and reduce until about ⅔ of original.
- Roast chicken wings in the oven at 190°C for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add chicken wings into a large pan with the vegetables and caramelise.
- Add mushrooms to absorb excess fat.
- Add sherry and reduce to glaze.
- Add stock and cream and simmer.
- Cook for 1 hour, pass through a sieve to remove any bits and reduce.
- Lay chicken skin flat on baking paper on oven tray and lightly salt.
- Place another sheet of baking paper on top of skins and add another tray on top to keep the skin flat.
- Bake at 180°C for 12 – 14 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
Place all components onto a serving plate, garnish to serve.