- Wash rice well to remove the starch.
- Add rice, cardamom and water to rice cooker and turn on.
Kerala Chicken Curry
- In a food processor grind coriander, cumin, black pepper, turmeric, soaked red chillies, and shallots to a fine paste.
- Slice ginger, garlic and green chillies and onions and set to one side.
- Heat a wide pan over medium-high heat. Pour in the coconut oil, then add the fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds, allow it to splutter.
- Add the sliced onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves. Sauté well on a medium low heat.
- Add sliced roma tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and cider vinegar, stir occasionally for another 5 minutes. Onion should be soft and translucent. Cook on medium heat until onions begin to change colour to light brown.
- Add the ground spice mix. Combine well until the oil starts to separate and the raw smell of masala goes away.
- Add the diced chicken thigh. Mix well, and cover for few minutes on a very low heat.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook it on low heat until done.
- When chicken is cooked through, stir through the honey.
Serve with steamed rice and garnish with chopped coriander.