FEATUREDBulk Breast Fillets
Yogurt tikka skewers with coriander chutney (Murgh malai tikka)
Preparation 15 mins
Cooking 10 mins
- 600g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup thick Greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 40g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
Coriander chutney (makes 1½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom pods, bruised, seeds only
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 large whole bunch coriander
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup (50g) young coconut flesh, chopped
- 150ml coconut water or water
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a medium sized bowl and season. Cut chicken into 3cm chunks then add to the marinade, stir well to coat and refrigerate for a few hours. Thread onto skewers and set aside.
- Place the onion in a shallow bowl and drizzle over the vinegar and cumin seeds. Season with a good pinch of salt. Set aside until needed.
- For coriander chutney, heat a small non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add cardamom, cumin and mustard seeds, chilli and curry leaves and toast until fragrant. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly. Process coriander, spinach, toasted spices, 1 teaspoon salt and remaining ingredients in a food processor until well combined. Add a little more water if necessary to get a sauce-like texture. Set aside until needed.
- Heat a BBQ or chargrill pan over medium high heat. Add the skewers and cook for 10 minutes, turning, until charred and cooked through.
- Serve skewers with green chutney and pickle, scattered with mint leaves and yoghurt rippled with chutney if you like.
Take a look at the recipes we’re currently loving or browse through our catalogue of all-time favourites.View Recipes
Poached Chicken Green BowlBy Hayden QuinnServes 4Preparation 20 minsCooking 30 minsView Recipe
Chicken Schnitzel with Chargrilled Corn & Lentil SaladServes 4Preparation 10 minsCooking 15 minsView Recipe
Katsu Curry Drumstick BurgerServes 4Preparation 10 minsCooking 20 - 22 minsView Recipe