Baiada respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This document sets out our policies on handling personal information.
Wherever we collect, hold, use, disclose or otherwise deal with personal information that you have provided to us either in person, over the phone, in documentation, when using our web site or via email, we will be regulated by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained within the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended to include the Privacy Amendment Act 2012 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
We may collect information such as:
- business contact details (names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers), home addresses and phone numbers, mobile phone numbers, driver’s licence details, bank account details, other financial information from financial institutions, information from regulatory bodies, providers of credit information and trade referees;
- names and contact details of persons who contact Baiada with requests for information and/or queries, including through Baiada’s website;
- information about applicants for employment with Baiada including health information to assess those applications for employment; and information about Baiada’s employees and contractors relevant to their employment or contract with Baiada.
We collect this information to enable us to perform our functions and activities, including:
- to administer Baiada’s dealings and potential dealings with suppliers of products and services;
- to supply products and services to our customers;
- to process customer orders;
- to process orders on behalf of our customers (fulfilment services) for their customers;
- to assess our customers' credit worthiness;
- to contact individuals for direct marketing or other promotional purposes; and
- to administer Baiada’s payroll and other dealings with our employees and contractors whom provide services which include labour.
If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or assistance that you request.
If we use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for future direct marketing.
WHO WE MAY COLLECT INFORMATION FORM?
Such third parties may include:
- Directors, Partners or authorised persons in your employ;
- Veda Advantage or any other credit reporting body;
- ASIC; and
- Trade References.
Baiada may disclose personal information to third parties including:
- to regulatory bodies;
- to our related bodies corporate;
- to credit reporting bodies (see our Credit Reporting Policy for more information) by clicking here;
- to contractors engaged to provide services in connection with the purposes mentioned above;
- to other service providers such as printers and mailing houses in connection with the purposes mentioned above;
- where you have otherwise consented to the use or disclosure; and
- if it is otherwise permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any other law.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You should contact us (contact details below) if you would like to request details of the personal information that Baiada may hold about you. Provided Baiada deems it reasonable and practical to do so, we will provide the information to you in the manner you request within 30 days of receiving your request. The company may charge a fee for providing this service, but we will inform you of that at the time you make the request.
ACCURACY AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Baiada will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is as accurate, complete and up to date as possible. We need your help to do that. If you think that the information we hold about you is inaccurate please contact us (contact details below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
HOW YOU MAY MAKE A COMPLAINT IF YOU BELIEVE WE HAVE BREACHED THE APPS
You may lodge a complaint with us if you believe we have breached any part of the APP by contacting us as per the contact details below. We will investigate the nature of your complaint and notify you within 30 days of our findings. If you believe we have not dealt with your complaint in an appropriate manner you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as well as to destroy or permanently de- identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
Nevertheless, the internet is not a secure environment. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We cannot warrant the security, integrity or privacy of personal information submitted to these web sites www.baiada.com.au, www.steggles.com.au, www.freerangechicken.com.au, www.rainbowvalleyturkeys.com.au or the Steggles or Lilydale social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram). If you use the internet to send us any information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
Please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our customer service team on 1300 137 372 if you have any questions, comments or would like more information concerning how we handle your information or privacy issues.
If you would like more information view our Credit Reporting Policy.
CREDIT REPORTING POLICY
If you would like more information about our Credit Reporting Policy please click here.
View the Credit Reporting Policy.
View the Baiada Privacy Collection Statement.