- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons korma paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + extra, to serve, if desired
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g green beans, cut into 3 cm lengths
- ⅔ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- Flaked almonds, toasted, coriander sprigs, lemon wedges, to serve
5 mins Prep
25 mins Cook
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan or non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes, turning, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and cook onion, ginger and garlic for 2–3 minutes, or until onion has softened. Add korma paste and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add stock and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12–15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Add tomatoes and beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile combine yoghurt and cucumber in a small bowl. Season.
- Sprinkle chicken with almonds, coriander and extra cinnamon, if desired. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites