Indonesian Chicken Drumsticks
Preparation 20 mins (plus chilling time)
Cooking 25-30 mins
- 12 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Drumsticks
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 250g punnet baby cucumbers, halved diagonally
- Steamed jasmine rice, lime wedges and extra sliced red chilli, to serve
- ⅓ cup Kecap Manis
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Add all ingredients to a screw-top jar. Shake to combine. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, score chicken drumsticks 2-3 times in the thickest part. Place chicken into a large snap-lock bag. Add marinade, seal, rub and toss to combine. Chill for 15 minutes (or longer if time permits).
- Preheat a oiled barbecue grill on medium heat. Barbecue chicken, turning occasionally and basting with any remaining marinade, for 25-30 minutes until golden and just cooked through. Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle chicken with roasted peanuts, baby cucumbers and extra sliced red chilli. Serve with steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges.
Take a look at the recipes we’re currently loving or browse through our catalogue of all-time favourites.View Recipes
Honey Cinnamon Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping SauceServes 4Preparation 15Cooking 30View Recipe
Honey, Lemon And Oregano Chicken With CouscousServes 4Preparation 45 minsCooking 20 minsView Recipe
Outback spice, finger lime and Chilli Grilled Breast Skewers with Avocado & Macadamia creamServes 4Preparation 20 minsCooking 12 minsView Recipe