- 6 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups sushi rice, cooked as per packet instructions
- 2 cups, cooked edamame, deshelled
- 2 nori (seaweed) sheets, finely julienned
Japanese Bento Box
30 mins Prep
20 mins Cook
- To make your teriyaki sauce, combine soy, mirin, sake and honey in a small saucepan and cook until honey has dissolved and liquid reduces slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool before covering chicken in marinade. Allow to marinade for approximately 30mins.
- In a large non-stick fry pan, in batches, cook your chicken thigh over a medium high heat for 10-12 mins or until cooked. Allow to cool and then slice into strips.
- Make up your bento box by evenly distributing the chicken, mixed salad leaves, sushi rice lemon wedge, along with sesame seeds, edamame, nori and lemon wedge.
Recipe notes and tips:
- As an alternative to making your own teriyaki sauce, you can use good quality store bought teriyaki sauce.
- Japanese pickles or tsukemono can be found at specialist Asian grocers, or use your own favourite pickles.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites