One Pan Roasted Za'atar Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons za'atar*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onions, cut into chunks
- 2 zucchinis, cut into chunks
- 1 large eggplant, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup Greek / natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 cup coriander sprigs, to garnish
- 1 lemon wedge, garnish
- Flatbreads, to serve
- 1 cup hummus**
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place chicken, za'atar and olive oil in a bowl. Toss to coat well.
3. Place drumsticks on a roasting tray lined with baking paper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
4. Remove pan and add cauliflower, chickpeas and onion. Bake in oven for a further 20 minutes.
5. Next add zucchini and eggplant; and bake for a final 20 minutes. Remove tray from oven and allow to cool slightly.
6. In the meantime, prepare the sauce by mixing together yoghurt, garlic, honey and mint.
7. To serve, keep the roast chicken and vegetables on the roasting tray. Garnish with pomegranate, coriander and lemon. Enjoy with flatbreads, yoghurt sauce, hummus and harissa on the side.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
* Za'atar is a blend of Middle Eastern Herbs, sesame seeds and salt. If you have trouble finding this, then use a good quality dukkah or you can make your own.
** Grab the best store bought hummus you can find, or alternatively make your own.
Take a look at the recipes we’re currently loving or browse through our catalogue of all-time favourites.View Recipes