- 1.6kg Lilydale Free Range Whole Chicken
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ cup fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- ½ chopped cup dried pears
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Roast Chicken with Pear, Lemon & Fennel Seed Stuffing
20 mins Prep
85 mins Cook
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium high heat and cook the onion until tender (about 7 minutes). Increase heat, add fennel seeds and garlic, and cook for a further minute. Remove from heat and transfer onion mixture to bowl. Stir through remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Fill chicken cavity with stuffing and close with toothpicks or skewers. Tie drumsticks together and fold under wings.
- Place chicken on a roasting rack over a large baking dish. Bake in a 190°C preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites