- Combine all of the marinade ingredients. Score the drumsticks, to help the marinade
- Penetrate the meat and mix together in a bowl. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- To make your dipping sauce, process all dipping sauce ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Taste and season as needed.
- Use a mandolin or a vegetable peeler to cut your cucumbers into ribbons. Combine with the shallots, coriander, dill and mint. Mash the ginger and garlic together in a mortar and pestle. Add sesame oil and vinegar and pour over the salad. Toss well, then sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Remove any excess marinade from the drumsticks. Remember it’s better to cook them at room temperature. Brush with olive oil and barbeque them over a high heat until cooked through. Keep turning regularly to ensure they’re evenly cooked.
Tip: Serve with some wholemeal naan or pita — and don’t forget the spicy dipping sauce!