- 6 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thighs, fat trimmed (approx. 700g)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 orange, zested, segmented and excess juice reserved
- 1½ cups baby rocket leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves, roughly torn
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve (if desired)
Cajun BBQ Chicken Thighs, Quinoa, Avocado & Orange Salad
20 mins Prep
20 mins Cook
- Combine the garlic and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Spray the chicken lightly with olive oil, and coat in the seasoning.
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue on medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked through. Set aside on a plate, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Drain and rinse.
- Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl with the avocado, orange segments, baby rocket, mint and feta. Toss gently to combine.
- For the dressing, whisk together the orange zest and juice, olive oil, mustard and chives. Season. Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa and serve with the chicken and lemon wedges, if desired.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites