- 1kg Lilydale Free Range Thigh Fillets, in 1cm cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground tumeric
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 long green chilli, finely diced
- 100g medjool dates, seed removed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour, mixed with 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 ½ cups flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Rustic Moroccan Chicken Pie
20 mins Prep
35 mins Cook
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place chicken, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, turmeric, cumin and coriander in a bowl. Mix to coat chicken. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion until soft. Add chicken and stir for 5 minutes or until chicken is brown.
- Add carrots, chilli, dates and stock. Bring mixture to the boil and add cornflour mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- To assemble the pie, stack 2 sheets of puff pastry on top of a lined baking tray.
- Spoon pie filling on to the centre of the pastry. Brush edges of pastry with beaten egg. Place remaining 2 sheets on top of each other; roll out slightly with a rolling pin. Place pastry on top of the pie filling pressing down edges with a fork to join. Trim edges to make a 26cm round. Using a sharp knife score the top of the pastry. Brush with egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Serve with salad.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites