- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons korma paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + extra, to serve, if desired
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g green beans, cut into 3 cm lengths
- ⅔ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- Flaked almonds, toasted, coriander sprigs, lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan or non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes, turning, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and cook onion, ginger and garlic for 2–3 minutes, or until onion has softened. Add korma paste and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add stock and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12–15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Add tomatoes and beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile combine yoghurt and cucumber in a small bowl. Season.
- Sprinkle chicken with almonds, coriander and extra cinnamon, if desired. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Take a look at the recipes we’re currently loving or browse through our catalogue of all-time favourites.View Recipes
Pulled Chicken Tostada With SlawServes 4Preparation 40 minsCooking 1 hr 30 minsView Recipe
Chicken, Chargrilled Cauliflower And Caramelised Onion SaladServes 4Preparation 15 minsCooking 20 minsView Recipe
Poached Chicken Green BowlBy Hayden QuinnServes 4Preparation 20 minsCooking 30 minsView Recipe