- 1 Lilydale Free Range Split Chicken (approx. 1.4kg)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Coriander sprigs + extra, to serve
- ½ teaspoon coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 6 baby carrots, trimmed, peeled and halved lengthways
- 6 radishes, trimmed, quartered
- 6 mini cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 6 small hot red chillies
- 270g soba noodles
- Drizzle of sesame oil, to serve
Chilli Coriander Split Chicken With Pickled Vegetables & Soba Noodles
20 mins Prep
50 mins Cook
- For the pickled vegetables, in a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water to the boil. Reduce water to a simmer and add the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and salt, and return to the boil, stirring until salt dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- In a large clear jar (approximately 1L) or 2 smaller jars place a few sprigs of coriander. Add the coriander and mustard seeds and peppercorns. Using tongs, remove the garlic from the brine and place into the jar. Pack the jar tightly with the carrots, radishes, cucumbers and chillies.
- Bring the brine back to a boil and pour over the vegetables to cover completely. Cool, then cover the jar and refrigerate until needed.
- Cook Lilydale Split Chicken as per pack instructions. Once cooked, set aside covered in foil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare soba noodles according to pack instructions. Drain and drizzle noodles with a little sesame oil.
- Serve chicken with pickled vegetables and noodles and extra coriander sprigs.
Tip: You can double Pickle recipe to make 2 large jars of pickled vegetables – they will be ready to eat after a few hours, and get better after a few days. The pickled vegetables will keep for about 3 months.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites