- 750g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets, trimmed and halved
- ½ cup (80g) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3½ cups (700g) cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, blanched and shredded
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- soy sauce and shredded nori, to serve
- ginger coriander dressing
- 4 green onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- To make the ginger coriander dressing, place the onion, ginger, coriander, salt and oil in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Place the sesame seeds on a small tray. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Press both sides of each chicken piece into the sesame seeds to coat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through and the sesame seeds are golden.
- Place the rice, mirin, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the ginger coriander dressing in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide the rice mixture between serving bowls and top with the chicken, snow peas and avocado. Spoon the remaining dressing over the top and serve with soy and nori.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there