- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. For the peri peri, add capsicum, onion, carrot and the garlic still in their skins to a baking tray. Sprinkle over oregano, a pinch of salt and a good glug of olive oil. Toss to coat the veggies, then bake for 25-30 minutes*. In the last 10 minutes add the chillies. Bake until the veggies are softened. Squeeze garlic from it’s skins into a food processor and add the roasted veggies with the remaining ingredients. Pulse until you form a chunky paste. Set aside.
- Pre heat hooded BBQ on high. In a small bowl mix together spices for chicken, combining well. Place chicken thighs on a large plate or tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the spices, rub well to coat chicken.
- Cook corn on BBQ until slightly charred on all sides, remove and cover with foil to keep warm. Cook chicken skewers turning regularly, for 8 minutes or until charred and cooked through. Place on a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove corn kernels from the cob by carefully slicing down the length of the cob with your knife, toss kernels with coriander, mint and olive oil, seasoning with sea salt. Serve with grilled chicken skewers, corn salad and peri peri sauce.
* The roasting of the veg for the peri peri sauce can also be done on a hooded BBQ - this will add a nice charred element to the sauce, be sure to turn the veg frequently so as not to burn.