Potato, pear and parsnip mash with burnt maple butter and tarragon
Preparation 10 mins
Cooking 20 mins
Serve as a side with Lilydale Whole Chicken.
- 1 Lilydale Whole Chicken
- 500g Sebago potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 parsnips peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Packham pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup (125ml) single cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- Place the potatoes, parsnip, pears and garlic in a medium saucepan with cold salted water and place over high heat.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Remove the lid and cook for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes and parsnips are tender.
- Drain and return to the clean saucepan and mash until smooth. Add the cream and season. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and cook for 1 minutes, or until the butter starts to foam. Add the tarragon and maple and cook for a further 30 seconds, or until the butter is nutty in colour.
- Serve the mash topped with butter, tarragon and cracked black pepper.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there