- 8 Lilydale Free Range Thigh Fillets, fat trimmed, halved
- 1 cup (185g) freekeh
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, finely chopped + extra leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 250g tomato medley, halved
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 80g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Chargrilled Herb Chicken with Freekeh & Peach Salad
15 mins Prep
25 mins Cook
- Cook freekeh according to packet directions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine herbs and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken thighs in a large snap lock bag or shallow glass dish and cover with herb oil. Rub to coat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Set chicken aside on a plate covered with foil to rest.
- In a large bowl, combine freekeh, avocado, peaches, tomatoes and watercress. Sprinkle with goat’s cheese, pistachios and parsley leaves. Drizzle with remaining oil and balsamic vinegar. Season. Serve freekeh salad with chicken.
Tip: You can replace peaches with nectarines.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites