FEATUREDHerb Ciabatta Schnitzel
- 400g Lilydale Free Range Herb Ciabatta Chicken Schnitzels
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- 400g eggplant, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained and torn
- Basil leaves, steamed broccolini and crusty bread, to serve
- Cook Lilydale Herb Ciabatta Chicken Schnitzels following packet directions, for 15 minutes (instead of 25 minutes as per packet directions).
- Meanwhile, heat ½ cm oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, in 2 batches (adding extra oil as needed), for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Pour tomato sauce into a heatproof bowl, cover and heat in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Pour two thirds of the hot tomato sauce into a 6-cup (about 5cm deep) baking dish. Arrange eggplant and schnitzels in sauce. Drizzle with the remaining tomato sauce and scatter with bocconcini. Bake at 180˚C fan-forced for 12-15 minutes until bocconcini begins to melt. Scatter with basil leaves. Serve with steamed broccolini and crusty bread.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there