- 800g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Breast Fillets, trimmed
- 400ml can coconut milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 long green chilli, halved lengthways, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 200g dried flat rice noodles
- 400g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
Chilli & Coconut Poached Chicken Salad
20 mins Prep
30 mins Cook
- Place the coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli and lime leaves in a large deep-sided frying pan over low heat. Stir to combine, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the chicken to poach, covered, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan, slice and set aside. Strain the poaching liquid into a medium heatproof jug, discarding the solids, and set aside to cool.
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the cabbage and 1½ cups (375ml) of the reserved poaching liquid. Gently toss to combine.
- Divide the noodle salad between serving plates and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the mint, coriander and extra chilli to serve.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites