- 400g Lilydale Free Range Herb Ciabatta Chicken Schnitzels
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- 400g eggplant, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 180g tub bocconcini, drained and torn
- Basil leaves, steamed broccolini and crusty bread, to serve
Chicken Schnitzel & Eggplant Parmigiana
15 mins Prep
30 mins Cook
- Cook Lilydale Herb Ciabatta Chicken Schnitzels following packet directions, for 15 minutes (instead of 25 minutes as per packet directions).
- Meanwhile, heat ½ cm oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, in 2 batches (adding extra oil as needed), for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Pour tomato sauce into a heatproof bowl, cover and heat in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Pour two thirds of the hot tomato sauce into a 6-cup (about 5cm deep) baking dish. Arrange eggplant and schnitzels in sauce. Drizzle with the remaining tomato sauce and scatter with bocconcini. Bake at 180˚C fan-forced for 12-15 minutes until bocconcini begins to melt. Scatter with basil leaves. Serve with steamed broccolini and crusty bread.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites