- 500g Lilydale Free Range chicken breast, cut into big pieces
- Large pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (white part only)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 400g cooked gnocchi
- 1 cup chopped Tuscan kale leaves
- 12 basil leaves, and extra to garnish
- 600g pasta sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cream
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup shaved parmesan and extra, to serve
- 3 Tbsps oil
Creamy Baked Chicken Gnocchi
1. Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced.
2. Mix chicken breast, salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, oven-proof, chef’s pan. Add chicken and sear on high heat for 6-8 minutes until golden and just cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add a tablespoon of oil to the same pan on medium. Add leek, garlic. Saute and cook for a few minutes until leek is caramelized. Add oregano, chilli and gnocchi. Toss and cook for a few minutes until gnocchi starts to brown.
4. Add Tuscan kale, basil and pasta sauce. Mix well and cook for a minute.
5. Add fresh cream and balsamic. Mix well. Top with parmesan and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
6. Remove from oven. Top with extra cheese and basil leaves. Serve hot.