FEATUREDBulk Thigh Fillets
Karaage Chicken With Pickled Salad And Jasmine Rice
Preparation 15 mins
Cooking 15 mins
- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into ribbons
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 green onion, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally + extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup cornflour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Steamed jasmine rice, pickled ginger, Japanese mayonnaise and lime wedges, to serve
- Place chicken in a large snaplock bag, and add soy, ginger and mirin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cucumber, carrot, radish, cabbage and green onions in a bowl. Whisk lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and sugar together. Season and drizzle over the vegetables. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Pour oil into a large saucepan coming about 5cm up the sides. Heat oil on medium-high heat, heat up to 170°C or until a cube of bread turns golden when dropped into the oil.
- Combine the flours together in a large snaplock bag, season and add a third of the chicken. Toss to coat, shake off excess flour and fry in the oil. Turn chicken for 3–4 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Repeat this process with remaining chicken, reheating the oil between batches.
- Sprinkle chicken with extra green onion. Serve with pickled salad, rice, Japanese mayonnaise and lime wedges.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there