- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Tenderloins
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped + 1, thinly sliced, for salad
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang – available at Asian grocers or substitute with 2 tablespoons chilli paste)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- Brown rice, butter lettuce leaves and green onions, thinly sliced, to serve
Spicy Korean Chicken With Cucumber Salad
20 mins Prep
10 mins Cook
- For the marinade, place the onions, garlic, soy, hot pepper paste, sugar, honey, oil and half the rice wine vinegar in a small food processor. Blend until combined. Season. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade, to serve. Place the chicken in a large snaplock bag and pour over remaining marinade. Toss to coat and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cucumber, chilli, green onions and coriander in a medium bowl. Combine remaining rice wine vinegar with sugar and drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Heat a lightly oiled char-grill pan over medium heat and cook chicken for 6–8 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with cucumber salad, brown rice, lettuce and reserved marinade. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and extra green onion, if desired.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites