FEATUREDBulk Breast Fillets
Chermoula Chicken Pumpkin Tagine With Almond Pilaf
Preparation Overnight plus 10 mins
Cooking 45 mins
- 1kg (approx.) Lilydale Free Range Breast Fillets, cut in half lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 600g butternut pumpkin, cut into crescents
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g ghee or butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g (1 ½ cups) basmati rice
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander, to serve
- To make the chermoula, combine garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin, tumeric, chilli, lemon juice and olive oil in a glass bowl.
- Add the chicken to the chermoula and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Heat oil in a large flameproof tagine or saucepan over medium heat. Cook half the chicken for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add tomato paste, stock, pumpkin, honey, cinnamon to tagine, stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and cover with lemon slices and raisins. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the pilaf, melt ghee or butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in onion mixture. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in the coriander and sprinkle almonds on top.
- Spoon the pilaf on the serving plates. Top with chicken, coriander and almonds, and serve immediately.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there