- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- ½ tablespoon rice bran oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mexican spice seasoning*
- Salt, to taste
- 400g can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 350g mixed grape tomato medley, halved
- 2 avocados, cut in 1cm cubes
- 1 large red chili, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- ½ cup fresh coriander, leaves only
- 1 packet (230g) white corn chips
- Sour cream, optional
Mexican Spice Taco Bowl
20 mins Prep
12 mins Cook
- In a large non-stick fry pan over a high heat cook off the onion in oil until aromatic and slightly coloured. Add in chicken mince and using a wooden spoon break up into small pieces. As the chicken begins to colour add in your garlic and Mexican spice mix. Once chicken has cooked, remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Toss together the beans, corn, vinegar, oil and salt. Set aside until needed.
- Make up your lunch box by adding your food in different sections add your cooled chicken mince, brown rice, bean and corn mix, tomatoes, corn chips, chili, lime, coriander and a dollop of sour cream (optional).
Recipe Notes and Tips:
*Look for a good quality Mexican spice mix in your local grocer or market. Even better make your own, think of spices and herbs like; ground coriander, cumin, chili, paprika, oregano!
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites