- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 175g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 4 cups cooked and cooled jasmine rice (1‚Öì cups [265g] uncooked rice)
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime, + extra wedges, to serve
- Thai basil leaves and coriander leaves, to serve
Thai Basil & Chicken Fried Rice
15 mins Prep
20 mins Cook
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and sugar, and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add the capsicum and beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the cooked rice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice, and stir-fry for 3 minutes until heated through.
- Serve the rice topped with Thai basil, coriander and lime wedges.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites