- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- Rice bran oil, for frying
- 2 birds eye chili*, finely sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 green mango, shredded / juilienned**
- 200g grape tomatoes medley, halved lengthways
- 1 cup mint, leaves only
- 1 cup Thai basil, leaves only
- 2 kaffir lime leaf, finely julienned
- 1 eschallot, finely sliced
- ¾ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Thai Chicken Mince Salad
- Combine chili, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Stir well to begin dissolving the sugar. Set aside until needed.
- Fry off chicken mince in a little oil over a medium high heat in a non-stick fry pan. Cook until coloured. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- To make the salad, in a large bowl toss gently all ingredients. Once combined, dress liberally with your dressing and place in four lunch boxes.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
* Feel free to add as much or as little chilli as you like. I like my version of this salad nice and spicy.
** If you can’t get access to green mango, substitute for green papaya or your fav type of noodles or rice.
** Use a julienne peeler to get perfect strips of green mango. You can find these at most Asian grocers or supermarkets.