Rather than tomato sauce, ham and melted cheese, this takes advantage of in-season tomatoes, proscuitto and fresh mozarella. And yes, it's still on top of a schnitty. Kind of like a caprese salad on top of a schnitzel so perhaps I should have called it chicken caprese.
- 4 Lilydale free range chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain flour
- salt and pepper, to season
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to season
- approx. 1-2 L canola oil, for deep frying
- 200 g (1 balls) fresh mozzarella cheese (in whey)
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 4-6 very thin slices of prosciutto
- lemon wedges, to serve
2. Pick up.