Honey, Lemon And Oregano Chicken With Couscous
Preparation 45 mins
Cooking 20 mins
- 4 small Lilydale Free Range Chicken Breast Fillets (approx. 180g each)
- ¼ cup honey
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup (190g) couscous
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- oregano leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced).
- Combine honey, juice and zest of 1 lemon, chopped oregano, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl. Season. Place chicken in a shallow glass bowl or a large snaplock bag and cover with marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken from marinade and reserve marinade. Heat a large lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium heat and cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes until browned. Place chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with reserved marinade and cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Use a fork to separate the grains. Add currants, apricots, baby spinach and parsley leaves and toss to combine.
- For the dressing, whisk together the remaining lemon juice and zest, remaining olive oil and the mustard. Season and drizzle dressing over the couscous.
- Top chicken with extra oregano leaves, if desired, and serve with couscous.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there