Lemon & Oregano Chicken Tenderloin Skewers
Preparation 30 mins
Cooking 10 mins
- 6 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch oregano, leaves and sprigs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 garlic cloves, peeled (approx bulb)
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
Herb and Leaf Salad to serve
- 2-3 cups salad and herbs, green leaves including snow pea tendrils, oregano leaves, baby spinach leaves, baby rocket leaves and microherbs, lebanese cucumber; sliced smashed avocado/pita wraps, optional
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, juice of ½ a lemon, olive oil, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to thoroughly coat the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the garlic sauce, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Blanch the garlic cloves for 1-2 mins, drain and add to the yoghurt in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Soak 6 bamboo skewers in water for 10-20 minutes. Skewer the chicken.
- Preheat a bbq or griddle pan over high heat. Cook the skewers on the heat turning to ensure they are well cooked.
- To serve, place 2-3 skewers on a plate, serve with the herb salad leaves, cucumber, and drizzle with the garlic sauce. Serve a lemon cheek to squeeze on the salad, and a small drizzle of olive oil to finish.
Take a look at the recipes we’re currently loving or browse through our catalogue of all-time favourites.View Recipes