It’s time to step up your noodle game with this fast and easy recipe for Mie Goreng (fried noodles). Take it up a notch with tender chicken, sweet prawns and loads of healthy vegetables. Make it as spicy as you like.
- 2 Lilydale chicken breast fillets, finely sliced
- 250g dried fine egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 eggs
- 80ml peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp dried shrimp paste
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- 1 bok choy, finely sliced
- ¼ wombok cabbage, finely sliced
- 100g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 lebanese cucumber, julienned
- Fried shallots, Fresh lime wedges and Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the kecap manis, soy and lime juice, then set aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Heat the wok over high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil, then add the egg and swirl around the wok to make a thin omelette. When just set, carefully remove from wok to a clean chopping board. Roll up and slice.
- Return the wok to the heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the chicken pieces on both sides, then remove to a clean plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the wok and stir fry the garlic, chilli, spring onions and shrimp paste for 1-2 minutes. Add the celery, bok choy and cabbage and stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes until just tender.
- Add the noodles, chicken, omelette and sauce from point 2. Keep tossing for 2 minutes to heat through until all ingredients are coated in the sauce.
- Top with bean sprouts, cucumber, fried shallots and coriander and serve immediately with a wedge of lime.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there