FEATUREDBulk Thigh Fillets
Karaage chicken Burger with white onion slaw & wasabi mayo
Preparation 60 mins
Cooking 10 mins
- 4 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh Fillets
- ½ cup katakuriko potato starch
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Peanut or sunflower oil for shallow frying
- 4 soft brioche style burger buns
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado, sliced
- 2 cups Mizuna or rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 white onion, peeled & sliced thinly
- 1 cup daikon radish, shredded
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger finely chopped
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoon wasabi paste (depending on your taste)
- ⅓ cup kewpie mayonnaise
- Combine the marinade ingredients for the karaage chicken in a medium sized bowl. Add the chicken pieces and stir though to coat. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile for the onion slaw, combine all the ingredients and set aside. For the mayo, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- For the chicken, combine the potato starch and panko then coat the chicken pieces and mix thoroughly with your hands to coat the chicken.
- Heat 1.5cm oil in a deep frypan to 160°C and lower the heat to maintain the temperature. Prepare a tray with a wire rack and tongs and set to one side in preparation to fry the chicken.
- Gently lower the chicken pieces into the hot oil and cook evenly for 6-8 minutes, turning halfway or until cook through and crispy. Lift the chicken pieces out of the oil and place onto the paper towel.
- Cut and grill the buns until golden. Smear the cut side of the top of the bun with a generous dollop of wasabi mayo. Place a little avocado and slaw on the base, place the crispy chicken on then the greens and sandwich together.
Take a look at the recipes we’re currently loving or browse through our catalogue of all-time favourites.View Recipes
Vermicelli Noodle Bowls with Honey Sriracha ChickenServes 4Preparation 15Cooking 50View Recipe
Chicken Breast Strips with Warm Potato & Watercress Pesto SaladServes 4Preparation 10 minsCooking 30 minsView Recipe
Healthier Chicken Schnitzel Burgers with Avocado SmashServes 4Preparation 15 minsCooking 25 minsView Recipe