- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- Rice bran oil, for frying
- 2 birds eye chili*, finely sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 green mango, shredded / juilienned**
- 200g grape tomatoes medley, halved lengthways
- 1 cup mint, leaves only
- 1 cup Thai basil, leaves only
- 2 kaffir lime leaf, finely julienned
- 1 eschallot, finely sliced
- ¾ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Combine chili, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Stir well to begin dissolving the sugar. Set aside until needed.
2. Fry off chicken mince in a little oil over a medium high heat in a non-stick fry pan. Cook until coloured. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. To make the salad, in a large bowl toss gently all ingredients. Once combined, dress liberally with your dressing and place in four lunch boxes.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
* Feel free to add as much or as little chilli as you like. I like my version of this salad nice and spicy.
** If you can’t get access to green mango, substitute for green papaya or your fav type of noodles or rice.
** Use a julienne peeler to get perfect strips of green mango. You can find these at most Asian grocers or supermarkets.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there