- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped + extra leaves to garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g (¼ cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 40g (½ cup) parmesan, finely grated + extra, shaved, to serve Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 400g tagliatelle pasta
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Chicken Meatballs, Rocket Pesto & Tagliatelle
15 mins Prep
15 mins Cook
- Combine chicken mince, onion and basil in a large bowl. Season and roll tablespoons into balls. Repeat to make 20 balls.
- For pesto – In a food processor place the garlic, pine nuts, rocket, parmesan, lemon zest and juice. Season and process until a paste forms. With the motor running, gradually add olive oil until combined.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat to medium and cook meatballs for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add meatballs and pesto and toss to combine well.
- Top pasta with basil leaves and extra parmesan. Serve with mixed salad leaves.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites