- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 thick spring onions
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 150 g green beans, cut into ½ cm dice
- 1 small carrot, cut into ½ cm dice
- 3 tbsp tianmianjang (or hoisin sauce), plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour mixed in ¼ cup cold water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into cups
Chicken sang choy bao
35 mins Prep
15 mins Cook
- Cover the shiitake mushrooms with about 1.5 cups of hot water and stand for 20 minutes to soften. Trim and discard the stalks and cut the caps into a ½ cm dice. Reserve the steeping liquid.
- Cut the spring onions into 5 cm lengths and then very finely julienne them. Place the spring onion into iced water for at least 10 minutes to curl.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger and toss for about 1 minute until the onion is softened. Add the chicken mince and fry for about 3 minutes until the mince is lightly browned. Add the beans and carrot and toss for a further minute, then add the tianmianjiang, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and a little of the shiitake steeping liquid as needed. Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are softened. Mix through a little of the corn flour mixture and toss until the mixture is thickened and quite dry.
- Serve the chicken mixture with the spring onion, a little extra tiamianjiang (or hoisin) and lettuce cups to wrap the mixture in.
Ingredients copied to clipboard
Link copied to clipboard
Recipe saved to Favourites