Greek Chicken Meatballs and Warm Pasta Salad
Preparation 10 mins
Cooking 20 mins
- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- 400g risoni pasta
- 200g grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano leaves
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 100g Greek feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Mixed leaf salad and lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Cook risoni in salted boiling water according to packet directions. Drain and return to the pan. Add tomatoes, olives, capers and remaining olive oil. Season and toss the ingredients through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the Lilydale Free Range Chicken mince, lemon rind, egg, oregano, breadcrumbs and half the feta. Season and stir to combine. Roll heaped tablespoons into balls.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the meatballs for 8–10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top risoni with meatballs and sprinkle feta and mint leaves. Serve with leaf salad and lemon wedges.
Take a look at the recipes we’re currently loving or browse through our catalogue of all-time favourites.View Recipes
Thai Basil And Chicken Fried RiceServes 4Preparation 15 minsCooking 20 minsView Recipe
Yogurt tikka skewers with coriander chutney (Murgh malai tikka)By Gary MehiganServes 4Preparation 15 minsCooking 10 minsView Recipe
Roasted Brussels sprouts, crispy pancetta and pomegranate seedsServes 4Preparation 10 minsCooking 25 minsView Recipe