- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- ¼ cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 3cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons coriander root, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (450g) packet thick Hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Juice, 1 lime
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch coriander stalks, reserving some to garnish
- ½ bunch Thai basil
- ½ bunch round mint
- 1 ½ cup (150g) sugar snap peas, blanched
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- ½ cup raw peanuts, toasted
- Chili flakes, to garnish
- Sesame seed, to garnish
- Combine chicken, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander root, egg and breadcrumbs, mix well to bring together. Roll mixture into small, even balls, and place onto a paper-lined tray. Cover and chill for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in wok over high heat cook noodles in oil with onion and black bean sauce.
- To cook meatballs, heat oil in a non-stick pan over low heat. In batches, cook meatballs, turning, for 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Combine sweet chili sauce and lime in a small bowl, whisking well to loosen sauce. Set aside until serving.
- Serve to a large sharing plate or platter. Add noodles, meatballs, herbs, nuts, sugar snap peas. Drizzle meatballs with sweet chili and lime dressing, and then garnish with chili flakes, sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there