Cinnamon Spiced Chicken Filo Parcels With Jalapeno Aioli and Mixed Leaf Salad
Preparation 20 mins
Cooking 35 mins
- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup pinenuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 10 sheets fresh filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons pickled jalapenos, finely diced
- ⅓ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one garlic clove, onion and carrot and cook for 2–3 minutes or until soft. Add the cinnamon and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes or until meat is browned. Remove from heat and stir through pinenuts and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- To make the jalapeno aioli, combine the remaining garlic, jalapenos, mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the filo parcels, place 1 sheet of the filo on workbench. Lightly spray with oil. Top with another filo sheet and lightly spray with oil. Repeat using 3 more filo sheets. Cut sheets in half and spoon ¼ of the chicken mixture along 1 long edge of pastry, leaving 5cm at each end. Fold the ends in and roll up the filo to enclose the filling. Repeat the process with the remaining sheets of filo. Place filo parcels, seam-side down, on prepared tray.
- Lightly spray the filo tops with olive oil and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve with jalapeno aioli and mixed leaf salad.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there