- 1 Lilydale Free Range Chicken Butterflied Chimichurri Style
- 2 avocadoes, flesh lightly mashed
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- Juice of 2 limes, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- 200g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 baby cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 long green chilli, sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 frozen roti
- 1 bunch watercress, sprigs picked
Lightly oil a large chargrill pan and heat over high heat. Cook chimichurri chicken for 20 minutes each side or until cooked through. (see tip)
Meanwhile, combine avocado, half of the chives and the juice of 1 lime. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with remaining chives.
Combine tomato, cucumber, coriander, green onion and chilli. Add 1 tbsp of the oil and remaining lime juice. Toss to combine.
Heat remaining oil in a large frying over high heat. Cook roti following packet instructions until puffed and golden.
Remove meat from chargrilled chicken. Arrange on serving plates with avocado, tomato salad, roti, watercress and extra lime wedges.
Cooks tip – if you don’t have a chargrill pan, cook on the barbecue following packet instructions.
discover delicious recipes & inspiration
Introducing Cooking with Lily, our home of mouthwatering recipes, collections and tips, prepared by some of Australia's most dedicated chefs and cooks. Ready to take your cooking to the next level?take me there